Moyes unmoved by Tottenham talk
Updated Thursday, 21st June 2012
Everton manager David Moyes is making plans to get the Toffees back into Europe having dismissed speculation linking him with the vacant Tottenham job.
The Scot's name has been in the frame ever since Harry Redknapp left White Hart Lane earlier this month, but former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and France coach Laurent Blanc now appear to be the front-runners.
Moyes, who is out in Poland taking in a few matches at Euro 2012 and checking on potential transfer targets, said: "All I can say is there has been no contact from Spurs. There has been no contact and that is how it is. I'm the Everton manager."
He added: "I'm planning, I'm out here (in Poland) having a look at players, talking to my own players and trying to get on with being manager of Everton.
"Behind the scenes me and Bill (Kenwright, the Everton chairman) are trying to get things moving along."
Everton have not played European football since exiting the Europa League to Sporting Lisbon in February 2010 and they finished eight points adrift of qualifying from their league position this season.
Moyes accepts their financial situation, with Kenwright currently trying to sell the club, makes it difficult to compete with teams above them but he remains confident they can regain their place in continental competition - and can do so without considerable investment.
He told talkSPORT: "We've now been out of Europe for the last two or three years. A club like Everton need European football.
"It would be a dream to get back into the Champions League - it would be like back to winning the league again - but if it was Europa League we'd take it.
"The target is European football. Stoke and Newcastle have done it in recent seasons. At Everton we could make a difference with not too much money."